CATHEDRAL OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION SLIGO
Our Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception was opened on 26th of July 1874 by Cardinal Paul Cullen of Dublin and consecrated on 1st of July 1897.
The Cathedral is built in a Norman Romanesque style, and it is the only Norman styled cathedral in Ireland but more importantly it is a dearly loved place of worship for parishioners. The ‘Cathedral’, as it is known, is a constant presence in our town and in our hearts. Countless numbers have marked the pivotal, central moments of their lives and those of loved ones within its walls. While the world is busy outside, inside all remains calm and tranquil in the embrace of our beloved church.